Monday, June 17, 2013

Good Girls Go To Heaven, Bad Girls Go Everywhere

I left in the morning for San Antone
two thousand miles from a happy home 
I don't know where to go 
I sat next to Satan on the 8 o clock train
he said "girl stop crying, I can heal your pain" 
I told him I, 
don't know where to hide

I broke all my promises 
all my solemnly swears
good girls go to heaven, 
bad girls go everywhere 
I did my lover wrong back in Tennessee 
I got no money in my pockets
and no man to miss me 

I took his hand cause I liked the sound
of his voice when he told me he could show me around
and now I've been out and down
I ran with him for 33 days
through smoke and fog in a summer haze
till he said hey, 
honey you can't stay 

I broke all my promises 
all my solemnly swears
good girls go to heaven, 
bad girls go everywhere
I did my lover wrong up in Santa Fe
I keep thinking about tomorrow 
cause I can't think today 

I sat next to Jesus on a red eyed flight 
I was bleary eyed in the middle of the night 
he said "friend, it's nice to see you again" 
He asked me how I was as I hid my eyes
he said "girl I don't wanna hear no stories or lies cause I know, 
how far you will go"

You broke all your promises all your solemnly swears
good girls to heaven, you bad girls go everywhere 
you did your lover wrong in the rolling his 
you thought you could keep living on cheap thrills 

Jesus said "girl go on home, you've been broke and I know 
where you've roamed, can't you see? I say come follow me"
How could I possibly say no? I followed him but I walked real slow
cause I was sure, 
I'd been there before

I broke all my promises
all my solemnly swears 
now I'm going to heaven 
cause I've been everywhere 
I did my lover wrong in the Texas plains 
now its come that time to find myself a new train 

yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment