Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lobsterman Hands


red skies sailors take warning
but fishin' boats leave the docks by morning
they know that the wind is their boss
and the sea she'll turn and toss

I will always respect a man with lobsterman hands

no business suits or clocks to punch
vacation days, sick days, or lunch
if you want yourself a pay raise
the tides don't take no mercy or praise

I will always respect a man with lobsterman hands

there are men who make millions with their minds
pull a few strings, tell a few cheap lies
the only way a fisherman gets rich
is if his daughter gives him a good luck kiss

I will always love a man with lobsterman hands

callused palms don't have the softest touch
but simple folk we don't need much
and when this world comes crashing down
I know the type of hands I'll wanna have around

I will always respect a man with lobsterman hands 

No comments:

Post a Comment